Ensoniq ESQ-1 looking for Key Circuit replacement

Hi there,

I have an ESQ-1 that has had a corrosive drink spilt on the keys at some point in it’s life. The brown circuit board connected to the keys (directly underneath) is heavily corroded and if I press a key it creates an error.

The actual synth works fine, it accepts midi in and functions as it should.

So, I’m looking for a replacement board if anyone knows where I might be able to get one?

Many thanks,

Eddie

Is it a metal-case or plastic-case ESQ-1? The keybeds will be different, so you’ll need to make sure you get the correct replacement.

The metal-case ESQ’s had the ESQ-1 logo directly over the pitch and mod wheels, with the cartridge receptacle to the upper right of the logo. The plastic-case ESQ’s had the cartridge receptacle directly over the pitch and mod wheels, with the ESQ-1 logo to the lower right of that.

You may be able to wash away a lot of the nastiness, using warm water with dish soap. (Remove the circuit board, and clean it in the bathtub.) . If the circuit board traces are damaged, you may be able to repair them by soldering jumper wires across any broken connections.

1 Like

I have a key bed that has an issue with one key on it but everything works. It came from a metal case 86 ESQ. If you are having an issue with the circuit board, it should not be a problem transferring on circuit board to the other. If still needed and your interested, hit me back at amcleodiii@charter.net.