Alpha juno 2 aftertouch

Hi all does anyone know of a replacement, modern or otherwise for the juno 2 aftertouch strip please?

My alpha Juno-2 also has this problem…surely an official Roland replacement will cost WAY too much…

Replying to this post rather than starting a new thread as the question asked is very relative.

I thought I knew the aftertouch strip on the Juno 2 until I opened it up for repair/cleaning. What I found is a strip on the bottom with two contacts in parallel, and a strip of what looks like a conductive rubber strip above it. This rubber strip does not measure conductive unless the conductor is actually underneath it and making contact only if pressing very hard. Otherwise I think that the rubber strip would be making contact 100% of the time. I’ve worked with just a portion of the strip near the connector but I’m still not getting any response from it. (I have verified that the circuit is working by bridging the contacts with a 10K resistor.)

If I’m not able to get this aftertouch strip working, has anyone had any luck with alternatives? I’m not opposed to doing a little patching, so a drop in replacement isn’t expected/required. Would the aftertouch strip in a Korg X3 work?

Plasma Music Limited has high quality replacements available for the Alpha Juno-2, D-50, JX-8P and JX-10.

I’d forgotten about this thread…

The solution offered looks good, but I’m afraid that price is out of my range.

I eventually replaced my aftertouch strip with the one from the Korg X3. It works fine for me, but I can’t recommend it since my experience with aftertouch is limited. It might prove to be too sensitive to someone else.