Casio CZ keys: are they all the same (CZ101 vs CZ5000)?

In your Casio CZ parts page, it say “click here for CZ-101 Keys.” Are these the same keys used in the larger CZ-x000 synths? I need to order a key for a CZ-5000. Just checking before I add it to my cart. Thanks!

Hi, the CZ101 had ‘mini’ keys not full size the (CZ3000 and CZ5000 had ‘Full size’ keys), so therefore would not be compatible. Paul.

D’oh!

I totally spaced the 101’s mini-keys! Anyone have any full sized CZ keys?

We haven’t had a 1000/3000/5000 keyboard come through, so we don’t know what key type they use. But we do have a number of different Casio keys available. If you can post a picture of a removed key, we might be able to match it.

It looks like a Matsushita keybed, and your K103U keys listed under the Casio CT series seem to match up extremely well.

Those are the only keys I can think of that have the Y-shaped structure where it presses onto the contact strips. So if the CZ-5000 keys also have that Y-shape, I’m betting that it’s a perfect match.

1 Like

I just got around to working on this CZ-5000 today, and the K103U keys are identical. You might want to update your parts listings to show they are compatible with the CZ-5000.

I don’t know for sure if they’re compatible with the other CZ synths with full size keys though, but it looks like the CZ-3000 has the same keybed & keys.

Thanks for letting us know! I’ve updated our site.

1 Like

Hi - I’m looking for CZ1000 keys. The eBay sellers I’ve seen are listing 1000, 3000 & 5000 as interchangeable but that’s not the case, the 1000 keys are longer and resemble the Roland D-Series, though not closely enough to be a swap. If you still have a stock of spare Casio keys would you please check your inventory against these pics of the 1000 keys? Thanks, Matt.

That is not a key style that we have available, but I will keep on the lookout for it!