D550- No longer outputting in stereo

I have a D550 (one of the first ones to be delivered) and it no longer outputs in stereo. Since I can’t find anything in software that would do this I’m assuming that it’s a hardware problem and am looking for a place to start looking. If I can’t fix it, Ill probably send it down to Syntaur for repair. I really don’t use it much, but it is part of my “legacy” and would really like to have it available and running well.

Pat

It is a long time since I played a D50, but isn’t it that the two outputs are only two mono outs for upper / lower. If you do not select a split or dual sound, then the signal will be mono only.

I tried this with some very wide stereo images that I’ve used for years, so I don’t think i’s something in a specific patch.

I’ll double check to make certain that something in the master settings didn’t get set to “mono” (the D50/550 do have some master settings). Unfortunately the unit is in storage so I’ll need to get it moved over to check it out… something I was thinking about doing anyway -

I really think it is a hardware problem. Don’t know how that would show itself (I would think that a hardware issue would show up as something like one side not working, not mono out).