Dr Synth DS-330 noisy output

I have a BOSS Dr. Synth DS-330 module that has, unfortunately, developed a lot of noise and hum on its output. I was hoping to attempt a repair but cannot find the schematics for this thing anywhere. Would anyone out there have them?

Thanks in advance!

Any suggestions as to how I might get this thing happy again?

check op amplefires voltages and also check DAC IC.

I will see what I can find out. No schematics for this one, so I’m flying a little blind.

Hi KeyboardDan!

Have you by any chance managed to find the schematics of the DS-330?

I’ve got an old DrSynth Boss DS-330, which I still like to play with some 25 years after ! THe other day however, all of a sudden, it started to output a very noisy signal, both from the 2 14/inch jack outputs and from the mini jack headset output. To the extent that I cannot hear the instruments sounds ! I’ve tried to reset it to factory settings, to change cables, etc. Couldnt get rid of the problem. I was wondering whether you could help me figure what is going on… Seems to me like faulty electronics… But what component? What do you think?

I actually broke down and bought the DS-330 service manual, with all schematics. I’ve been slowly working through it, but haven’t found an obvious source of the noise yet. I don’t have an oscilloscope so it’s a challenge.

Sounds like it could be a poor ground connection but it depends on the nature of the noise. If you hear a hum that’s 60 Hz or some multiple of 60 then even more likely so. Check for continuity of the ground in the power supply to the ground connections on the output jacks.

If that isn’t the case, then a faulty opamp or transistor could be the culprit but this is best verified with an oscilloscope.

Here is the noise : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyjol5E5V34