Ensoniq EPS - No Sound Output

Greetings -

I have an Ensoniq EPS 16 Plus. It’s in great shape and has been well cared for; however, like someone a couple of years ago, I no longer have sound output. Sounds load, sequences load and play external synths…everything “appears” to function properly. I just can’t get any sound out of the headphone jack or the L/R outputs.

Does this mean it’s a bad Main Board? If so, does anyone know where I can get one and how to replace it?

Thanks for your time!

• Matt

Owner/Engineer
XSIV Music Productions
901-517-7768
——————
Freelance Writer
Music Tech Magazine /
Harmony Central
——————
IG: Content Creator
studioone.london

I would suspect a bad op amp somewhere in the output circuitry. We don’t have a schematic for this, but prior to the output jacks, there is probably an op amp that feeds both L and R outputs as well as the headphones.

1 Like

Hi I’m trying to fix my KT 76 that has no sound output. Fuses F4 and F5 on power supply board are blowing. Traced it down to the plug labeled analog jacks on the jack board. When I plug this into main board the fuses blow. Was getting ready to order new jack board but wanted a second opinion. Wondering if it could be the power supply board that is bad. Do you know? How can I test? Thx!

New jack board fixed the issue. The volume seems low however. Especially through headphone jack. What I don’t understand is that the demo song volume is much louder than when I hit the keys. Any ideas?

Sam -

Thanks for the response. I’ll see if I can come up with a schematic and try and troubleshoot the problem. I appreciate the info!

• Matt