Ensoniq KT-76 Single note louder

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I am hoping that I can get some guidance with a repair that I need to make to my Ensoniq KT76. The middle G note is much LOUDER than all the other notes, regardless of the velocity with which I play. I assume this is an issue with the contract strip. Is this correct? Is it worth it to try and clean the contact or should I just replace it? There are 3 different size strips, since it’s a single note, can I just get a 4 strip or does it have to be a specific size? Last question, I have opened this up only once before to replace the battery, is there anything specific that I need to do or watch for - to get to the contacts? Thanks, Zeb

Yes, that is almost certainly a contact strip issue. Your first step can be to simply remove the strip and wash it in warm water with dish soap. Let it dry, and reinstall it.

While it is out, you can wipe the contact points on the circuit board with a Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol.

If that doesn’t solve the problem, you can replace the strip - it is most likely a 12-note strip. You’ll want to replace it with the same part.