Ensoniq KT-88 AD/ Da converter? What and where please?

Sooooo, I have a KT-88 I picked up for literally nothing! I pout a new battery in it, but it still wasn’t playing right. I took it to get serviced and was told it needs a D/A converter? (A/D converter?) and that the repair guy didn’t; know where to get one. Anyone have any advice on where to look for something like this?

1 Like

It would be a DA converter is it is the faulty part.
It converts the digital signal to analog sound…if this keyboard that I am unfamiliar with has audio outputs.
If this is only a controller keyboard it would be a AD converter for some type of control.
Ensoniq was bought by EMu/Creative labs years ago so sourcing either converter will be difficult. I would check the power pins are getting good voltages before trying to buy the converter. It may be a bad capacitor
Look for any components on the circuit boards that look burnt, swollen, distorted in some way. And this may seem odd but check the battery voltage, and power supply voltages. It is an older keyboard. Take some photos of the circuit boards and upload them so I or someone else can suggest what to take a closer look at. Squibed has some manuals and may have your unit uploaded. Take a look online for user manual or service ma dual or schematics. If this site wont let you upload photos send them to at ronf57@aol.com put synth keyboard help in subject. I’ll see what I can do to help.wish you luck. …lastly when posting for help give as much info as you can so others can get a better idea to help. Also whenever a integrated circuit chip is suspect include the circuit board painted number and all information including the logo o. The chip. It makes helpers have easier time telling you where you might find a replacement part
Take care
Ron

1 Like