Ensoniq TS-10 Plus Display needed

Hi
I’m looking for LCD Display for Ensoniq TS-10 Plus. I try to find it online but I couldn’t.
mostly you can find the Bezel (the vacuum fluorescent ) for TS-10.
Please help me to find the LCD Display or send me an email when its available on this website.

Thanks in advanced

Just to clear up any confusion, the TS-10 uses a vacuum fluorescent display - it is not an LCD. The display itself is soldered onto the display board (the panel board), which is this currently-out-of-stock part:
https://syntaur.com/Items.php?Item=4198

We don’t sell the display tube itself, because it is a very big job to solder and unsolder it, plus it is a glass part that can be broken if you are not careful.

The bezel is the plastic window that goes over the glass display, to protect it.

We don’t have the display board (part #4198) available very often. If we come across one soon, I’ll try to remember to post back here.

Thank you for responding and the info was really helpful.
And yes whenever it’s available I would like to receive a notice email about it.
Thank you

I thought the same initially, but there was a very late version of the TS-10 called the TS-10 Plus that did have an LCD in place of Ensoniq’s familiar VFD display.

I’m sure that huge VFD display was quite costly and Ensoniq was simply trying to cost-reduce existing products like any company. That’s the same reason you see later versions of the ASR-10 with the purple LCD instead of VFD.

Considering that a custom LCD wouldn’t be nearly as cheap as a common off-the-shelf part I would bet that both of these are, or at least were, available as standard LCD displays.

TS10_plus

Funny reading this because for so long people always considered the “purple screen” ASR-10 to be a superior model. They often sold for more. However, the original screens (VFD?) were said to last much longer. However, sometimes characters would go out on those VFD screens which was irritating.

If you can give me some specifications of the old VFD I can try to find an aftermarket one on the interwebs. Or sell me your TS-10 with the busted display for me to tinker with and fix and put the proceeds toward getting yourself one already working.

The VFD’s were discontinued by the manufacturer during production of the ASR-10’s, so Ensoniq had to source a different display - the purple LCD was the result. So the very latest ASR-10’s and ASR-88’s had the purple screen. I was unaware that any of these made it into the TS-10’s, though I had heard that a number of TS-10’s were produced for Russia after US production ceased - so maybe those had the purple displays.

I own this TS10 “Plus” with 2x40 character black on green LCD. This was one of the last TS10 ever built with full 8 Mo Ram and SCSI interface. Also General Midi compatible and silk screened :smile:

Apart from different bezel, I don’t think it’s an easy task to exchange LCD and VFD because of different power needs and LCD inverter.