Fender Rhodes MK 60

Original Fender Rhodes MK 60 effects buttons are made of brittle plastic. One is busted, I used a repair glue which made the join bulkier losing the connection to its designated switch.
The other gruesome fact I discovered when I opened the piano case; double sided tape used to adhere all the buttons ( with led window ) is becoming dry and losing its grip on the row of buttons it holds.

I found the compatible here on Syntaur : “Panel button, with LED window, for Roland keyboard. This replacement button is 12x4mm. This button replaces Roland part numbers 22495223 and 22495224.” Btw use part compatibility pop up; terrific fast to find the part you need…

Reason I am writing this article ( mainly express frustration after opening these expensive instruments and seeing how some parts are made to break and finding them may be cost prohibitive or time-consuming customization) to ask forum for recommendations about which double sided tape is the most effective option to use with electronically gear such as this model of keyboard begs .

Since first post I’ve learned a few things that may be helpful. Gorilla glue will work to adhere tiny parts securely and fast with a very small amount of glue on points of contact .
JB Weld ( cold weld paste ) is the standard product to repair plastic and metal parts permanently.

And you gotta have a soldering tool on hand whenever you open electronic instrument, often during repairs on vintage equipment old contact points may have become disconnected . I’ll be back with more results on this repair job,