Help, need part to fix squeaking sustain pedal on my Roland KR-770

Hi everyone, forum newbie here. Apologies for my general ignorance of these matters, so here goes. I’ve got a beautiful Roland KR770, bought it around 1993 I think. Anyway, the sustain pedal has gotten a little loose, lost some of its resistance/springiness, and it squeaks very audibly every time it is depressed. Took a look at the pedal assembly, think the problem is due to some significant damage/cracks affecting the plastic housing which holds all three the pedals and pedal springs in place. Been looking online, have not yet been able to find a part number for this item. Can anyone tell me the part number and/or a place that’s likely to have it for purchase? Thanks in advance—

Found the replacement pedal assembly on eBay, thought I would share a few pointers on the install since there were a few surprises. No soldering needed, just screwdriver work. And a drop of glue…

The replacement assembly has a newer circuitboard and mainboard connector that are not compatible with the old KR-770. The newer circuitboard has three TINY push-button mechanical switches that the pedals interact with; the original pedal circuitboard in my KR-770 instead has three tiny sensors that are activated with the pedal flange comes within 1mm or so of them. So the repair strategy in my case was the install the new, uncracked pedal housing complete with new pedals, and transfer my old pedal circuitboard, still wired to my mainboard, from the KR-770. There is a dedicated slot on the new pedal assembly to install the old KR-770 circuitboard without having to remove the new circuitboard from the replacement unit. We could’ve removed the new circuitboard if we desired, but we saw no harm in leaving it in place, since it was not hooked up to anything.

Initially our repair didn’t appear to work. The problem turned out to be that the vertical travel of the pedal flange when the pedal was stepped on was not adequate, meaning the flange on the new pedals did not get close enough to the sensors on the old circuitboard to activate them—even with the pedal pushed the whole way down. We could not figure out a way to adjust the vertical travel of the flange, but a simple fix was to crazy-glue a nickel on top the flange. The nickel closed that gap and triggered the sensors perfectly.

Note: the flange (or the nickel in our case) cannot touch the sensor— if it does, this produces no signal. It must just come very close to touching it.

Hope this makes sense and is helpful to somebody.