I'm building my own E-MU Emulator SP12 (potentially crossed with Emax Analogue EFX)

Good Evening everyone,

I finally got to make an account here and I wanted to share with you my post I made on Gearspace.com and I was suggested to make an account here to help me with my Emulator SP12 build please because I started buying stuff to help me build my own Emulator SP12 I can use with a Commodore 1541 Floppy drive and ultimate of all bloody things, to make 12-Bit Grooves! :smiley:

Here’s the link on Gearspace of where I originally started my Emulator SP12 build idea:

I will be doing sketches too to remake these PCB boards as close to the originals. But with some of my custom preferences like adding Emax 1 Analogue EFX to it I hope. We’ll see.

I am going to be getting some breadboards and a ZX81 with some more chips to get this build further down the path I want it to go too.

I am wondering where I can find an EMU SP12 or SP1200 chassis is available I could buy too please? Could anyone help me with that in some way please? I will get the money for the chassis :slight_smile:

Please let me know if I should stick to building it just as an Emulator SP12 with a separate box with the Emax 1 analogue EFX to program to and from my SP12? Or if I should just build my Emulator SP12?

I am new here and I did buy some IC chips (the first two I have pics on my Gearspace forum) off of here too and Im excited to test them all out soon.

Please let me know what can be done and what I need to do to build my Emulator SP12 like the OG prototype or if its all redundant

Please have a Groovie day everyone,
Stay Groovie,
Jacob R.