Juno-60 Dead Note Changes

The 5th note doesn’t sound but it will change locations on the keyboard, seemingly at random. I’m actually getting signal at TP4 but then it gets lost somewhere before the output. Also, the Sustain and Release sliders are not working will any consistency either, wondering if these issues are related at all. Sorry if my spotty explanation is confusing and not described very well. Anyone has any thoughts on what this could be? Thanks in advance for any help.
Brian

The 5th note doesn’t sound but it will change locations on the keyboard, seemingly at random.

That sounds like a voice gave out

That was my initial thought as well, except all voices are showing up at TP4 (VCA output) so it must be getting lost somewhere after that point?

It must either be a problem with R50 of the dead channel or a bad trace between R50 and pin 7 of IC23. All 6 voices merge into IC23 so the voice couldn’t get lost after that.

You can check for the bad trace with a multimeter set to continuity or resistance to make sure there’s a low resistance path from R50 to IC23. You can test the resistor by desoldering it and reading the resistance out of circuit. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Super helpful! Much appreciated! Looking at TP4 again I noticed that although I am getting something showing on the oscilloscope, its not the same as the other channels/voices. Its more of a pulse than a waveform. Going to trace back and see if I can figure out what components may be causing this. Double-checking my soldering work too, Thank you so much again for your help
-Brian