Korg dead keys help

Korg DW8000 has 1 dead key,middle C- My other Korg Dw8000 has intermittent dead notes ,the lowest 8 all in sequence.Looking for info

There was something about the internal battery not making proper contact, or shorting out. if you haven’t opened it up, might as well do it now. If you have no experience in electrical repair, send it to a proper tech for repair. your local music store should know of one.

Hi, this is something I’ve fixed before, the rubber key contacts, they wear-out or build-up dirt, when there is no contact there is no sound produced.
I bought some from New Braunfels SYNTAUR, ONE SET WAS GOOD, THE OTHER HAD SOME DAMAGED CONTACTS BUT I CUT OFF AND REPLACED THE BAD ONES. (PA80 keyboard)
This is a bit involved repair because you have to remove the bottom cover to access the area for inspection and repair.
You may be able to find videos on YOUTUBE, don’t give up.

The single dead key likely dust build-up under the rubber contact. Try opening up and spraying compressed air under it, and/or take a q-tip and gently clean both contact and PCB sides with 90% isopropyl alcohol. The one with 8 dead keys in a row sounds like a loose connector or PCB trace issue. Have encountered both situations, although on a different keyboard, same concept.