KORG i4S Cannot select Group-A instruments

The problem

The problem is that the “A” button in the “GM - Preset” group of buttons cannot be selected manually. It “clicks” when I press it, but its LED does not light, and I cannot select any of the instruments associated with it.

The A button can be selected when the keyboard is turned ON, but I cannot go back and select the “A” group after I have selected any of the B, C or D group. The only way to get back to the A group is to turn the keyboard Off then On again, or to press the “PROGRAM” button

Detailed description

There are three buttons beside each other labeled “A”, “B” and “C” under a group label called “GM – Preset”. Just below the “A” button is a “D” button called “USER”. When the keyboard is turned ON the “A” button’s LED comes on automatically and the instruments associated with “A” can be selected by pressing the numerical buttons.

If, for example, I then press the “B” button, I can feel a tactile “click”, the “B” button’s LED illuminates and the instruments associated with the “B” group can be selected.

If I then press any of the other buttons “C” or “D” I can feel a tactile click and their respective LEDs illuminate and the numerical buttons can be pressed to select the instruments associated with the group whose button’s LED is illuminated. But, the problem is that I cannot go back to “A” after selecting “B”, “C” or “D”. That is, if I press, “B”, “C” or “D” they will be selected, but if I press the “A” button I can feel the tactile click, but its LED does NOT illuminate and I cannot select any of the instruments associated with the “A” group.

There are only two ways I can select the “A” group instruments after selecting “B”, “C” or “D”.

One way id to press the “PROGRAM” button, which causes the “A” LED to illiminate.

The other way is to turn the keyboard “OFF” and turn babk “ON” again, which causes the “A” group to be automatically selected by default. Tis is obviously very inconvenient.

If I want to go back to “A”, I can’t because the “A” button is ineffective and its LED will NOT light up if I press it - the “A” button gives me a nice tactile feedback click, but its LED will NOT light up, and I find I am not able to select any “A” group instrument by its numerical code.

Is this behavior by design or is my “A” button faulty and needing to be replaced?

I am asking this question prior to opening up the keyboard.

Does anybody have a clue as to what part might be faulty?

Is there a bank of three switches under the A-B-C group, one of which might be faulty? Or is there one switch per button for A, B and C, and I just need to buy a new “A” button?

Thank you