Korg SV-1 left/right output balance is off

I’m not sure how this happened, but my Korg SV-1’s right channel is suddenly drastically lower than the left. For all outputs, headphones, main outs XLR and 1/4". I’m not sure how to fix this issue, it’s been a few months now. I’ve been having to use it in just mono and would like to fix the issue. Wondering if maybe I need to replace the input/output board for it and put it in, or maybe it’s the internal amp and that can just be replaced. Or perhaps it’s just a single component somewhere on the board that needs replacing. Or for all I know there could be a global pan setting somewhere hidden but I’ve definitely looked endlessly for that and turned up empty so far.

Figured I would post here in case someone has any ideas, much appreciated.

I am sure this has been solved, but for the future generations. You had phantom power introduced to the SV-1. I have repaired many. There are usually 4 caps that will take the hit and fail. They just need to be replaced. If you are good on opening it up, removing the keybed very carefully. There is a ribbon connector to remove from the keybed, before taking it out. Then you can get to the input/output board. You will more than likely see at least 4 puffy caps that need to be replaced. They are right by the XLR jacks, hopefully not 6.
Good luck!

Hello Craig,

Thanks for your informations. I’m having the same issue I think, with very low output levels on my SV-1 73.

I’m used to open it up to change keys when they break so I’m willing to try replacing these caps.

Before opening it, can you be more specific on what I should be looking for?
When I open it how can I know which one to change?
Why should I hope for 4 caps to change and not 6?

I don’t think I have techs nearby to fix it for me so thank you in advance.

Gil

I found a service manual showing the output board group in pictures.
Service manual (page 19)

Do you know which way I should looking at?

Thanks

Hi Craig - I’m experiencing the same issue with my Korg SV1. Since day 1, when I purchased it new 12 years ago, one of the XLR balanced outputs never sounded right (weak/low output). Over the years, I’ve only been able to use the L/R 1/4” outputs. Now my L/Mono output is cutting in and out and breaking up, and both of my XLR outputs now sound terrible. I only have clear sound coming from the R output. If possible, it would be great to connect with you directly to see if you are in my area for a repair or for additional information. Thank you!