Nord Lead 4 replacement knobs: questions

Hi everyone,

I’m Jeremy, from Paris, France. Super happy to find you guys today !!!

I was looking all over the internet to find a service manual for the Nord Lead 4, I think I need a little bit of support…

I have several knobs that have erratic behaviours on my Nord Lead 4. For example, the mod Attack knob, and the amp Attrack and Release knobs have oscillating values, they don’t stay put, and it’s super annoying the have the release randomly moving when I try to make a sound :slight_smile: I have several other ones like that.

Initially, I wanted the service manual to figure out what type of knobs I should buy before replacing them. Tried to clean everything inside, but it didn’t change a thing. Then I found you ! It seems that you guys have the right parts for this…

Is there anything I should be aware of before ordering your parts, and beginning ? Is there any impact or difference on those knobs due to US / European versions (I’m thinking power-wise, 110 vs 220-230 …) ?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for existing, if everything goes fine you probably saved my life today !!! haha

Jeremy, Paris, FR

Salut Jeremy,

Have you found a solution to this?
Seems that opening the lead and cleaning it is not worth a try then :confused:

Yassine

Hey y’all.

Before replacing a potentiometer or encoder it’s worth trying to clean it with Deoxit or another contact cleaner. To do this you must get to the opening towards the bottom of the pot/encoder; this often requires removal of circuit boards. If cleaning doesn’t solve your problem then you’ll need to replace the part with a new encoder/potentiometer. You can tell whether it’s an encoder or a potentiometer by whether it rotates endlessly or has a fixed rotation range. Pots have fixed rotation range. You may also visually compare with what’s available on our website to determine which you need.

I realize this is a late response to Jeremy, but in case anybody else shares the same question as his, pots and encoders will typically be the same between US and EU versions of synths.