Oberheim DX repair

Hi,
Anybody ever had a DX or DXa that the panel lights flash on for a second on startup and then nothing, and no sounds?

Thanks!

I would suggest two things:

1. Check if the Power Supply does have all the voltages - look around the red area in the picture below.
  2. Lift and re-insert all the IC’s in sockets - don’t need to take them all out - just wiggle them up a little bit on either side with a small blade screwdriver and push them back down.just enough for the IC’s legs to move in the sockets - sockets can cause bad contacts over time.

Hi, thanks for the suggestion Werner. I have good 12v and 5v supplies and reseated all the ICs. I have some odd signals coming off a lot of the chips. I’ll try send a pic later today.

Just to clarify - both +/- 12V are OK and +5V OK as well ?

Thanks again Werner,
They checked good on my DMM but then I looked through my oscilloscope and there was a decent ripple on on the 5V! Im going to replace some caps and I’ll let you know how it fairs.

Thanks!

Hi!
I struggle with a very similar issue right now. When I turn it on, only a parts of LCD flashes (and some buttons leds, but not every time) for less than a second and then nothing… Only power switch lights on.
Did you find any solution, which finally helped you?
Thanks a lot and regards!
Jan