Octave Cat repair - voltage below -15v

Hi All,

I’m working on my Octave Cat and I’m a bit stumped. I originally had an issue of blowing fuses, but was able to swap out enough components to fix that issue, but now I am dealing with a drone sound that doesn’t respond to the keyboard or any of the controls. I have a few more parts on order from Syntaur, but I am wondering if my issue could be that I am only getting -12.4 volts on psu pins 5/6. However, I do have the full -15v coming off of the voltage regulator. Pins 3/4 are reading 15 volts. Any thoughts from any of you experienced folks out there? :slightly_smiling_face:. I already replaced all of the caps on the psu as well as the voltage regulators, but still running short of -15v for some reason. Thank you in advance for any guidance.

Problem was I installed the wrong voltage regulator. There are 2 different part numbers with different pin layouts that I missed. When I ordered the parts from Syntaur I only saw the one voltage regulator part number for the +15 volt side and wrongly assumed it was the same part for the negative side.

Now my remaining issues are the gate and the AR transient generators not working. Keyboard works but holds the notes. Back to trouble shooting.

1 Like