Roland HP3800 digital piano key/hammer repair

Hi there. I think I have worked out in theory how to do this and I have two spare white key N hammers to do the job. 4 screws come out under the base of piano on both ends and the back panel has to be taken off. Then the whole upper lid area can be opened to get at the keys.

One bit I am stuck on is the lid area will be heavy and what do I prop it up with if I am doing the job alone. There was this recommended:
HP-3700 STAY (Repair tool) Parts code : 22145139
Don’t think I’d get 2 of these now easily.
So how to keep this heavy lid propped up safely?
Thanks in hopes.
Would love it if some kind person had a PDF of the service manual/notes for this 1993 model. I have the user manual but is not much help with this job.
Thanks again.

Hello,
Did you ever figure out a solution to the stay problem and repair the hammers yourself? I am having to do this on an old Roland HP5700.
Thanks,
Phil

Do you still need the SM?
email please

Yes if you had the HP3800 service manual (as opposed to the user manual which i have then great). The hammer that broke was up the top end so i left it - but yesterday another one went i think. So i do need to get the job done. I have spare N and S hammers but just need more advice on getting the job done. All these early Roland HP pianos are slightly different in the way you open them up to get to the key bed. The HP3800 is slightly different to the HP3800G or to the HP3700/2700/2800
Thanks in hopes Simon

email address please

Sadly still struggling to get the lid to lift up.

Have taken out all the truss bolts here and two further bolts on the back plate. Still no joy getting top to lift as in screenshot.

Should I also be removing any bolts which connect the piano unit to the stand as well?

Many thanks if anyone can help further.