Roland JX-3P Key Contacts

Hi there, hoping for some guidance on an issue I am having with a Roland JX-3P. I recently acquired a JX-3P with non functioning keys. I determined that I ultimately needed new contact strips, but in the process of coming to this conclusion I got overly aggressive with cleaning the contacts on the circuit board and removed the conductive finish, exposing the copper contacts. The keys are working now, but after a few days some of the keys stop working and will only work again if I use a pencil eraser to clean the contacts and pills on the contact strips. I assume this is due to oxidation? I am writing to see if the contact board can be saved somehow? Perhaps conductive paint? I was attempting to replace the contact board but there do not appear to be any available. Please let me know your thoughts on this. Thank you.

Not knowing much about the JX3P I say you have 3 options:

1. find a donor unit. Roland may have used the same keybed in other synths which would expand the pool of possible donors.
  2. find the replacement part
  3. have the contacts replated (do a search on “gold plating at home”)

BTW the first time I MIDI’d two synths together it was my DX-7 and my buddy’s JX-3P. It was so exciting hearing two synths play together, I felt like Alexander Graham Bell inventing the telephone lol. Good times.