Roland TD-8 bass drum issue

Hi there, I am trying to work out how to fix the bass drum, it’s triggering intermittently and has been getting worse over the last few weeks, it’s unusable now. I am just wondering where to buy spare parts or even a whole new bass drum unit … would it need to be the same model/ make? Lots of questions , it’s my teenage sons kit - I’m trying to get my head around it all, it’s so technical!

You are talking about the FD-8 kick drum pedal ??? You can get all spares from Roland.
You will have to replace the two parts in yellow (pic below)

Part numbers are:

1 C6200053R0 CASING ACTUATOR
15 C3400009R1 SENSOR SHEET SENSOR

Hi there- thanks so much for your response, apologies I did not describe it clearly. The fault is not in the drum pedal - it’s the TD-8 mesh bass drum pad. I have watched a you tube video about fixing electric drum kits in general , showing how to check and replace the sensors in the pads and he also said to replace the cone if the kit is old ( which it is ). So I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to fix Roland drum pads like this? If it’s possible to buy new sensors or cones?. I am not a techy person or a drummer but I’m hoping I can fix this problem somehow!