TR 606 Kick Drum not working

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here so Hi!
After recently completing an Electronics Fault finding course I wanted to try and resolve some of my own equipment before fixing others. I have a TR 606 and everything apart from the kick drum is working.
I have looked at the schematics and attempted some probing but got a bit stuck.
I have used a logic probe on IC5 29040 JRC 2027 and am getting no readings from the probe. Is this normal? or can I assume that this chip is dead?
Also tried IC 14 also connected to the Bass drum (same part as IC5 ) and get the same result…nothing -
I believe IC 14 is connected to the output section of the board.
I would be grateful if anyone maybe able to shed some light on where I am going wrong or where I could aqcuire this part? Have looked on Syntaur site and they currently don’t have it.

Best,
L

Welcome to the community! It’s fantastic that you’re diving into electronics and trying to troubleshoot your TR 606. It’s a great way to learn hands-on.

Regarding your issue with IC5 (29040 JRC 2027) and IC14, a logic probe not showing any readings can indicate a problem with those chips or the circuit connected to them. However, it’s not conclusive evidence that the chips are dead. Sometimes, other components or issues in the circuit might cause the absence of readings.