Yamaha Dx7 power supply change

Hi guys.I have a fully functional Dx7 mk1 and it is a japanese model 100 v/30w .I.m using it with a power regulator because I leave in europe.A friend of mine gave me this days a dx7 mk1 220v europe version that it is booting but freezes…so I.m wondering if I can swap the transformer from the 220V unit with my 100v unit …I dont want to do something wrong and I dont know if the output from the 220v transformer has the same voltages that goes in.thanks

Hey, welcome to the forum.

According to the schematics, the european 220 V should have a power supply with a switch capable of selecting mains voltage (110 V, 120 V, 220 V, 240 V). It looks like you would need to swap both the power supply board and the transformer from the european into the japanese model and make sure the switch is set to 220 V. There may be physical differences in the boards and where the screws line up but you will have to see for yourself, I haven’t had the opportunity to work on a european DX7.

Your other option would be to swap mainboards and other boards from the japanese model into the european model to fix the freezing problem.

A word of advise, DON’T touch your working keyboard. Small things can happen and you end up damaging it. Just leave yours alone. Im saying this because it happened with me. Buy something from eBay or whatever.
Regards