Yamaha PS-170 Stand: L3C instead of L2C?

Dumb question from a drummer & guitarist (insert jokes here…)

I am dusting off my wife’s neglected Yamaha PS-170 keyboard for our daughter, and it needs a stand (not music stand).

The manual says the L2C stand is compatible, but the L3C seems to be the only one currently available.

Is the L3C compatible with the L2C? I have done a ton of googling, but can’t find a straight answer.

Thank you in advance,

Scott

L3C:

L2C:

Just get one of these - any music store has them - and not expensive either ?!

!

Thank you for the quick response!

Yep, even I’m familiar with generic keyboard stands, but I’m still wondering if the L3C is compatible with the L2C.

I know this is a repair site, with many DIYers who MACGYVER their way into being awesome, but I figured I’d ask, since the knowledge base seems pretty deep here.

Thank you again,

Scott

One L2C for sale here :slightly_smiling_face:

Directly from YAMAHA CA Site:
This stand was specifically fashioned to bolt directly to many of Yamaha’s PSR-E, YPT, NP and NP-V Piaggero and EZ keyboards. Offering excellent stability and a collapsible design convenient for travel, the L3C is perfect for those seeking a secure stand at a highly affordable price.

Directly from YAMAHA SG site:
Yamaha L-2C keyboard stand for Yamaha NP-30/S, NP-31/S, NP-V80, NP-V60, NP-11, PSR-E213/223, PSR-E313/E323/E333, PSR-E413/E423, PSR-E433, PSR-E443

So - looking at what the two are for - seems exactly same to me … so may be a different material or different manufacturing plant.

I would guess either will work for the olde PS-170