Yamaha PSR-600 & BFULL message

Good afternoon,
I’d like some help and advice… I own a Yamaha PSR 600 (mid 90’s model with floppy drive). It’s been through its paces, but the last 8-10 years it’s been lying on a cupboard in a case, generally in working order - just needed the contact rubbers replaced. I recently managed to get hold of these rubber bands and immediately proceeded to successfully replace them. The problem of some keys not playing has been eliminated, unfortunately I have another problem: after switching ON, the message BFULL appears on the display for a while (MIDI buffer overflow?). For a while you can play e.g. just the piano, but after switching on the accompaniment and playing with chords, you feel the sound “clipping” and at times a kind of “uneven” accompaniment. After a while, the key changes spontaneously, sometimes the timbre, the tones played spontaneously change modulation and the display goes dumb - the message BFULL and the key change level (which I did not change myself) appear interchangeably. The only thing left to do is to switch off the instrument, whereby switching off with the ON/OFF button takes a little longer, and after activating the key the described situation returns…

What could be the reason for this type of malfunction? Is it possible to repair it and is it at all feasible and cost-effective (in terms of money)? I should add that I regard the instrument in sentimental terms and would like to “save” it…

Thank you for your advice and guidance and I wish you all the best!

PK