Yamaha Reface DX Octave Sliding Encoder Part?

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know where I could source a replacement octave sliding encoder for the Yamaha Reface DX? It’s similar to the volume encoder that Syntaur has available for sale (that one says 023C-10kb on the side), but this one has detents that make it lock into the different octave positions.

I haven’t had any luck searching for the part by name or description, and I haven’t been able to find any broken Reface DX units for sale to harvest parts. Syntaur is the only resource I’ve seen listing parts for this synth line but they don’t carry this part.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
-Alterius

OK I contacted Yamaha and they informed me that the Yamaha part number is ZK566100.

I added this to my cart from the yamaha24x7.com site but when I click “Begin checkout” nothing happens. I will have to contact them again to figure out how to resolve this issue.

Just in case anyone else is needing these parts, the yamaha24x7 site is working for me now and the part numbers are below:

Reface DX octave slider: ZK566100
Reface DX volume slider: WN562701

Also, be warned that Yamaha is very standoffish about people repairing their own synths or keyboards. Secondly, the only way to get the service manuals for their keyboards is by calling them and placing the order over the phone, then they will mail you a CD. You cannot order them online or download them digitally.The number I called was 1-800-940-6606. I’d suggest ordering the service manual first so you can easily get all of the part numbers you need.

Hope this helps someone out there

Hello. I don’t suppose you still have that service manual CD, do you?

1 Like

I notice that part is now listed in the reface DX section. It should also be listed in the reface CP, reface CS and reface YC sections, as they all use the same part.

On the other hand, the pitch bend pot (#8982) should be removed from the reface CP section.

Have any of y’all completed this repair successfully? I just soldered the new octave slider in and now the keyboard won’t power up.

I understand about the ordering procedure, but could you share the price and if the service manual covers all four models (the same way the owner’s manual does), or just a single model?

Thanks