Yamaha V50 plastic Keys repeared

Hi. I want to tell you that my vintage yamaha v50 had several broken keys because the steel strap ends up breaking a small support tab of that strap in order to function as a spring. Since the cost of replacing many keys was high, I designed a part for 3D printing and inserting it into the key, you just need to downgrade a few key details a bit and then insert the new part. the part may require some fine adjustment to fit snugly enough or you may also use some glue. I can share photos and the layout that is applicable for 3 key sizes that make up this keyboard. I also understand that these types of keys are also used by the SY22 SY35 SY55 EX7 DX11 QS300 MO6 s30 DS55 YS100 YS200 and Korg X3 keyboards, among others. I hope this information can help you. Regards.

I can share the files to print format.
Best regards

I tell you I solved the problem with this proposal.image

Ready to start!image

Hi, great solution. Looks like one of the keys from SY22 Yamaha LC C61K6 keybed finally gave out in the way you describe. Can you share the print specs please?

By the way, Iā€™m coming back to this keybed after not using it for a long time and it seems far less velocity sensitive than it used to be. It could be my memory but what feel do you have for velocity sensitivity on your Yamaha V50 (assuming it also has the Yamaha LC C61K6 keybed)?

I have got an easier solution that does not require 3D printing:

Use a sowing pin, hold with a pair of nose pliers, heat up the pin with a match, gas torch or even gas stove, until red hot, then with a slight angle forward towards where the spring connects, melt the pin into the location where the stop broke off, Cut the pin to about 2mm sticking out from the plastic around it ā†’ done! For added strength add a little it of super glue.

Have done dozens on YAMAHA Electone and other YAMAHA keys and works a treat.

1 Like